Tuesday 6 January 2015

Did You Know....

... That the average bed contains over six billion dust mites!

And ten percent of the weight of a pillow which is approximately two years old comes from dead mites and their droppings! YUCKS!!!

The feces of the dust mites is the one that causes allergies and asthma.

And the dust mites favourite food is our dead skin! My immunologist told me to wash our bedsheets and everything that is on the bed every week. Yes, I do that every single week.

To read more about dust mites, click on LINK.


2 comments:

  1. Isn't it gross? I change/wash my sheets every week. I grew up in a family that washed their sheets once every six months...maybe. I still remember the smell. So gross. The whole house was incredibly dirty as well and the homes of my siblings are still as dirty. I have no idea how I survived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUCKS! I want to puke from just reading on what you wrote about the 'smell'......

      Delete